Want to make a difference while helping your community?
The Mineral Point Rescue squad is looking for individuals to join our squad. Our service is made up of volunteers who are First Responders, EMT Basics and advanced IV Techs. Our squad is a 24-hour service. We serve as an emergency medical transport service and also standby at community events. Come meet us and fill out an application. You can ride along on calls before committing to taking the class. MPRS will cover the full cost of the class assuming you meet all requirements. The skills you acquire are valuable life skills that you can apply everyday.
- Fill out an application. Return it to any member or mail it back to the Rescue Squad 907 Ridge Street.
- Attend one of our monthly meetings held on the third Monday of each month. You can introduce yourself as well as ask and take questions.
- We will set up a brief interview. You may then be eligible for our ride along program. This enables you to ride along on live calls to observe before committing to taking the EMT Basic class.
Based on your involvement during the ride along program, each potential member is voted on before attending the EMT basic class sponsored by MPRS.
- Pass EMT Basic class
- Passing score on the National Registry
- Pass hands-on practical test
- Receive your Wisconsin EMT license
- Complete and pass the EMT Basic Class (180 hours) online, classroom and hands-on training.
- Once licensed you must complete a probationary period of 3 months.
- Each member is required to sign up for 60 hours per month. Shifts can be a combination of day or night.
- Attend monthly meetings/trainings, standby's & other events.
- Gratitude from our community
- Be part of a great team
- Paid Training and Professional Experience
- State of art equipment
- Use of the building for parties/gatherings
- MPRS was organized in October, 1985
- August 17, 1986 - MPRS officially went into service
- Some original charter members are still on our squad today
- MPRS is a Nonprofit organization
- We have left the garage over 15,000 times to help someone in need
- We average around 400 calls per year
You can make a difference!
- Address: 907 Ridge Street, Mineral Point, WI. 53565
- Phone: 608.987.2752
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a .pdf version of this information to print and give to other people!